Revised JESIP App now available!
After the unprecedented success of the original JESIP App, we are delighted to announce that the new and improved JESIP App is available to download for free!
We have listened and responded to feedback since the release of the original app, enhanced some existing features, added some new functions and importantly made this version available across a wider range of devices including Windows phones.
The app is designed to act as a useful prompt for the many thousands of staff involved in emergency response. It provides them with the ability to create and share a M/ETHANE message; essential reminders about the five principles for joint working and the Joint Decision Model; instructions for Airwave radio handsets and how to change talkgroups and examples of incident commander tabards worn at the scene of an incident.
Along with the re-organisation of the home pages to incorporate the increased number of functions, the key additions include:
- Amendments to the M/ETHANE message function including:
- A reminder of the major incident definition
- Additional maritime incident types
- Addition of a “mass casualties” button in the Number and Severity section
- Additional responders in the Emergency Services section
- Ability to time and date stamp the Checklist then share it via email or text
- Addition of a prompt for use of the IIMARCH briefing tool with the ability to share
- Prompt for actions on de-briefing with the ability to draft notes and share
- Improved Notepad function (date/time stamp each entry)
- Glossary becomes Map Symbols
Carl Daniels the JESIP Deputy Senior Responsible Officer said
“Since the launch of the app in March 2016, we have had continual excellent feedback and know it has become an essential tool for staff working in emergency response. It complements the range of JESIP awareness and training products we have produced and helps staff apply JESIP on the ground “.
JESIP has instigated a significant change in the culture of joint working across emergency response. We are seeing levels of awareness of JESIP increase across the country and there have been many instances where the use of JESIP has improved the multi-agency response to an emergency.
We know the secret to success is raising awareness of JESIP beyond the emergency services and we encourage all our partner responder agencies and anyone involved in emergency planning to embrace this excellent development and download the app today.
You can download the app from the links below or from all of the standard app stores.
Please Scan the QR Code to download our JESIP app.