The Five Principles
If the principles are followed then the result should be a jointly agreed working strategy where all parties understand what is going to happen when and by who, this strategy should include:
- What are the aims and objectives to be achieved?
- Who by – police, fire, ambulance and partner organisations?
- When – timescales, deadlines and milestones
- Where – what locations?
- Why – what is the rationale? Is this consistent with the overall strategic aims and objectives?
- How are these tasks going to be achieved?